Warning: file_get_contents(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home3/buzzybee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tk-social-share/tk-social-counter.php on line 88
Warning: file_get_contents(http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/count.json?url=http://www.fanboyninja.com/my-top-picks/flash-8-reverse-flash-rebirth/): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home3/buzzybee/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tk-social-share/tk-social-counter.php on line 88
Story: Geoff Johns and Scott Kolins
Colors: Brian Buccellato
Letters: Sal Cipriano
Cover art: Scott Kolins with Michael Atiyeh
Flash #8 paints Central City yellow with the rebirth of Reverse Flash. This issue is basically about how Eobard Thawne became one of the most formidable foes of the scarlet speedster. But apart from the obvious animosity between these two characters, what makes their story more interesting is the fact that The Flash and Reverse-Flash are inseparable, one cannot exist without the other. Hence, after the Flash: Rebirth series, here comes the retelling of the story of Reverse-Flash.
- Eobard Thawne is not an ordinary psychopath. He has the power to literally erase from history all the people and things he dislikes.
- Just like the previous issues of The Flash, this comic book issue has a lot of energy within the pages. Readers can feel the emotions of the characters.
- Excellent colors by Brian Buccellato.
- Cheesy – or should I say loser – moments when Eobard Thawne fell in love with a girl named Rose. Unfortunately, these scenes were essential in the story. It was the part that tipped Eobard Thawne’s pot, the straw that broke the camel’s back if you will.
- The body proportions in some of the drawings can be a bit disquieting, if you like realistic artwork., but the rich colors can well make up for this little concern.
The Flash #8 is a self-contained issue, a one-shot material. Meaning, this is a perfect jumping on point for comic book fans who want to catch up with the latest series of The Flash. This also paves the road to Flashpoint, the much-awaited story arc about the fastest man alive.